Tuesday 24 December 2013

NUS AY 13/14 Semester 1 Results

BEEEEP!!! WOOO YAYYY BAAA.

No, that's not me cheering. That was what woke me up this morning at 7.30AM. There's a soccer field next to my flat, and for some godforsaken reason there were people playing soccer at 7 .30 in the morning and the audience or whoever were cheering super loudly suddenly.

I lay in my bed awake for a few moments, wondering what time it was (it was still rather dark), though I deduced it couldn't be THAT early if there were people playing soccer (i.e. 4AM) so I checked my phone for the time. And saw that the SMS of Doom (TM) was in.



This post just contains my grades and thoughts, for my predictions and reviews for these modules you can refer to this link.



PL4880G - Positive Psychology

Predicted Grade: B/B+

Actual Grade: A-

Ah well, a pleasant surprise. I didn't do well for my individual essays (At first), but I guess my group presentations were more well-received by my prof than I thought. Finals weren't that difficult, just smoke and you can't be that far off (See my review for more info)

PL4880F - Addictive Behaviors

Predicted Grade: A-/A

Actual Grade: A

Cheers! My CA did really well, so as long as I didn't screw up my finals (I didn't think so after the exam), I should have been on track for A-/A at least. And I did! Though one of my group mates (who shared the same CA as me) got an A+ lol she wrote a better finals essay I guess. It's ok! Be content and happy for what you got! Don't do upward social comparisons!

GEK1063 - The Singlish Controversy

Predicted Grade: B- / B

Actual Grade: B+

This was the only result I was disappointed in LOL. You may be wondering 'what's wrong with this idiot, he surpassed his prediction and he's still complaining?'. Well, the plan was always to S/U this module, unless it pulled my CAP. My CAP is between 4-4.5, which meant I need an A- or an A to do so. This means it is the least economically (CAP-wise) profitable to S/U if I got a B+ (as it makes the smallest change in my CAP) ... and I did get a B+ ugh!

If only I got a B- or so, would make it more satisfying and worth it to S/U. Or an A-/A, which would pull my CAP. But ok la, I have no more S/U-able modules left, so I have to use my last S/U anyway. Up goes my CAP! (by 0.01 I think)



Final Notes

Quite satisfactory this sem I suppose, As are always good, even with an ugly line by its side. What's more important is with these results, I can more or less coast in my final sem - it's mathematically impossible for me to get First Class, and to drop below Second Upper I need to get around a 2-2.5 SAP (C or below average) for my thesis + 2 level 4000 mods.. which is quite unlikely. Thus next sem doesn't really matter so I guess I'll use my time to apply for jobs and stuff.
Thank God for the good results!

2 comments:

  1. […] How does NUS Module Preference Exercise work? (MPE) NUS AY 13/14 Semester 1 Results → December 10, 2013 · 3:51 PM ↓ Jump to […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would you recommend using honey mustard in a grilled cheese?

    ReplyDelete