Monday 28 May 2012

NUS AY 11/12 Semester 2 Results

So... this morning I received the SMS of Doom ™ , and that was after I had woken up at 6AM for god knows why (stupid insomnia) and couldn't sleep for the next hour... and bestie whatsapps me at 6.54AM which jarred me out of my semi-consciousness... and the SMS finally came at 7.10 AM.

This post contains my grades and stuff so if you want to see it read on.



I previously did a grades prediction post which you can read here, and I am surprised how accurate my prediction were.

MKT1003X - Introduction to Marketing

Predicted Grade: B+

Actual Grade: B+

Surprise surprise. Well my individual assignment and group project was average (A-/B+) and though I seemed to think I screwed up my finals (which I left the exam hall in 45 mins), I didn't and just got an average score. No surprise here.

PL3252 - Socio-Cognitive Perspectives of Emotion

Predicted Grade: B+

Actual Grade: B+

Whew. Wasn't sure where I stood for this really, didn't do exceptionally well or badly for anything, kinda hovering in midair kinda thing. So this grade was expected.

PH2211 - Philosophy of Religion

Predicted Grade: A-

Actual Grade: A!

-Twirls around-. Yay, an A. I did quite well in all the CA components so going into the finals I was already expecting an A. The change in format of the final exams threw me off, but I guess didn't throw me THAT far off.

PC1325 - Einstein's Universe and Quantum Weirdness

Predicted Grade: B

Actual Grade: B+

Whew. This is one module which I truly had no clue  about a lot of things throughout the semester but I guess everyone was on the same page as me. Was a fun experience for sure, and this grade means no S/U!

PL3234 - Developmental Psychology

Predicted Grade: B

Actual Grade: B-

-_- Suck ittttt devt psych. Guess my finals pulled me down. Really expected a B and in the case of a miracle, a B+, but I was left with a sour B-. All these intensive memory modules are pulling down my grades! (Biological Psychology was another one, and I got B- too)

Semester Average Points (SAP) : 3 + 4 + 4 + 4 + 5 = 4. (I just learnt that 'SAP' is the correct term, not 'Semester CAP' lol)

New CAP: 4.25 (down by 0.08)

Final Notes

Oh well. No huge surprises like previous sems, and not very satisfied with the grades of course (Who likes to drop in CAP!?), but I can settle with this I suppose. Like I'm not super indignant or depressed nor contented, just, 'ok fine, I'll try to do better next time' kinda feel. I wanted to do well (i.e. improve my CAP) so that I could leave with a peace of mind, but I guess dropping slightly is better than dropping A LOT.

On to the US I go! (for my SEP this coming semester ;D)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alan, I'm wondering how would one score in Philo of Religion? Does it consist of structured arguments that the prof will teach or do we have to come up with our own critical thinking of it all? thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete