Monday 30 April 2012

NUS AY 11/12 Semester 2 Grades Prediction

IT'S OVER.

I've just completed my final exam, one hell of a tough MCQ for my Marketing module, made worse by the fact that there was negative marking (minus 0.5 marks for each wrong answer)

Regardless, it's over and it's time to partayyyy!! :D

First up, I'll just do a quick prediction of my grades based on the CA + Final Exams... and I'll post the actual module reviews later on in the week. Enjoy your holidays everyone! :D



MKT1003X - Introduction to Marketing

Did only average for my CA, B+ for my individual assignment (all of my friends got A-/A), A- for group project (like everyone else). Finals was horrible so at most a B+ or a B, that makes out the average to be:

Predicted Grade: B+ (Will S/U if it's B or below)

PL3252 - Social-Cognitive Perspectives of Emotions

Got a slightly above average score for mid terms, no idea about the rest of the CA but I'm guessing about average marks.

Finals was supposedly easy - but I felt it wasn't and I made quite a few mistakes already. That worries me. I hope I get at least a B+ for this, though I wouldn't be surprised with a B.

Predicted Grade: B+/B

PH2211 - Philosophy of Religion

A- for term paper was good, I thought I did above average for class part and group presentation. Finals was totally unexpected though, and I realized a glaring omission in my answer after the exam, so not sure how it'll turn out. Before the finals I was definitely predicting a A- or A based on how it was going and based on what I thought the finals would be like. But now...

Predicted Grade: A-/B+

PL3234 - Developmental Psychology

Got a totally average (1 point above mean) term paper, with a just above average mid term score. Add that to a finals which everyone found easy (and I only found ok), my grade should be nothing but average.

Predicted Grade: B

PC1325 - Einstein's Universe and Quantum Weirdness

Got a B+/B range for mid terms, with a sub-par term paper, and a ridiculously easy finals which everyone was laughing at. I really have NO IDEA what to expect for this. It all comes down to how well-received my term paper is by my tutor/prof I suppose. Prepared to S/U this.

Predicted Grade: B

Semester CAP: 3.5 + 3.5 + 4.5 + 4 + 4 = 3.9
New CAP: 4.2

Final Notes

I felt the finals this semester were  quite negative in general. Usually I will feel at least satisfied or befuddled with the rest, but this semester, after every paper I'm just left with an uneasy feeling. Not sure why. This doesn't always occur. We'll see how my predictions turn out I suppose, on the 28th (or 29th) when they release the results.

2 comments:

  1. Ai ya you still 2nd upper and above :) have a confident expectation of good Alan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] previously did a grades prediction post which you can read here, and I am surprised how accurate my prediction [...]

    ReplyDelete